Sunday, December 9, 2012

Before and After . . .

I have FINALLY finished my hutch! Last spring I found a sad looking dresser on the side of the road in my neighborhood. Other people would have left it on the side of the road, because it was missing drawers and was banged up a little, but I saw it's potential :)

I have been wanting a hutch to display some glasses I got from my grandma and other dishes I've collected. I found several that I wanted, but they cost way to much. When I saw the dresser I could see it as a great hutch. All I had to do was take out the drawer, add some shelves and glass cabinet doors, throw in some bead board and you got a hutch!

Well it took me all summer and fall to finally do it, but it's done. Shane did the building and prep work and then I painted it. I think it looks pretty good! Just don't get too close or you'll see it's flaws :). Oh well, it's fun to say we did it and turned something ugly into something that looks pretty good . . . if I do say so myself.

Before . . .
After . . .


2 comments:

  1. That looks great, JJ! You two sure make a talented team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! I LOVE it!! It is so pretty, and I can't wait to see it in person. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete