Thursday, October 25, 2012

3 years . . .

I'm so behind in blogging. Life has been crazy around our house! Between poison ivy (going on week 3), busy weeks and weekends, Hayden being sick for a week straight, work, and everything else, I'm just trying to survive each day. Taking time to blog about the craziness would just be . . . well crazy! :)

But I do want to take a minute and blog about Shane and I's anniversary. We celebrated our 3rd anniversary last week. October 16th. Fitting to our life, we were super busy. I had parent teacher conferences, so I didn't get home until 8:30 that night and my brain was done! Shane wanted to watch the debate and I was done thinking for the day so I went downstairs and watched some trash on tv while my intelligent husband watched the debate. We didn't even cuddle on the couch on our anniversary! Sad, I know! Well, we knew we would be busy on our anniversary so we planned something for that weekend.

With the help of my AMAZING sister, we were able to go to a bed and breakfast just outside of Lincoln. Maggie and her crew watched Hayd for us for the night, while Shane and I went to dinner and had a night alone. I of course talked and worried about Hayden too much, until Shane said, "We will see him tomorrow!". After that, we had a really nice dinner and night way. I think the best part was waking up the next morning without having to entertaining a 1 year old :). We then just bummed around for a couple hours and went shopping. It wasn't much, but nice to just slow down and spend some quality time together . . .alone! Quality time alone is not something we get to do often.

I always tell Shane that he has made all my dreams come true. Our life together has been full of ups and downs and stresses, but to me it's been perfect. I feel very grateful to have Shane as my husband. I know it sounds weird because I wasn't that old when I got married, but there were times I wondered if I would ever find that perfect person for me. I feel so blessed to have found that perfect person for me. I love Shane so much and I am grateful he saw me as his perfect person, because heaven knows I am NOT perfect!

Shane and I laugh when we think about all that has happened the last 3 years. I guess we met 4 years ago and since then we bought a house, got married, earned a masters degree, earned a bachelors degree, had a baby and TONS more! We've never just had a slow life. We look forward to the day when that will happen . . . knowing it never will :) Each year we look back and see how we've grown and changed in our relationship. I think this year has been full of more growth than any other. Having a baby definitely changes your relationship with your spouse. Having Hayden has made Shane and I work together more and support each other more. I feel closer to my husband than ever before. Our lives have truly become one. In my experience, when you get married, you obviously share a life with someone, but in a lot of ways you still kind of just do your own thing day to day. But having a child, your life really joins with anothers. Does that make sense? Maybe only to me. I'm a pretty independent person and before having Hayden, I could take care of myself. Well now, I could not do all that I need to do each day without Shane. We NEED each other in order to survive the day. If I had to choose 1 word to describe this last year of marriage, it would be TEAMWORK. I would not last one day without my teammate.
Our Wedding Day -- October 2009

1 comment:

  1. yeah for fall anniversaries! i think john and i had a similar day on the exact date of our anniversary. life can be crazy, eh? i am so glad you had a trip just the two of you...what fun! i hope to see you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete