Monday, April 8, 2013

18 months . . .

I can't believe my baby boy is 18 months old. Time is going too quickly. I love watching him grow and learn. Hayden is so inquisitive. He likes to explore and discover new things. Hayden is a stubborn little guy (wonder who he got that from?). While it is frustrating at times, like when I can't go to a store because he won't sit in the cart or when he won't hold my hand in the parking lot but he won't let me hold him either. You know, typical toddler stuff. I do love that he is strong willed and determined. I think this is a good quality and will serve him well as he gets older.

At 18 months Hayden . . .
- weighs 31 pounds (96%)
- is  34 inches tall (91%)
- gabs all the time. Can't understand a lot of it, but some of my favorites are "wat tis?" (what's this), "i ike" (I like), mama (of course!), dadas (daddy), "nack" (snack), "orge" (george . . . the boy LOVES Curious George)
- is strong willed
- sleeps 11 - 12 hours at night and takes one 3 hour nap in the afternoon . . . except when mom is home then it's like an hour and a half.  He just knows when I'm home and won't sleep long. I love that he loves me, but come on! :)
- Loves to jump and spin
- Actually shoots the basketball in his hoop instead of slam dunking it.
- Likes to walk up and down the stairs instead of crawling
- LOVES blocks. At his 18 month check up the doctor asked if he can put 4 - 6 blocks together. . . He build towers taller than himself!
- LOVES Curious George. I think he would watch it all day if we let him.
- loves to give kisses.
- Sings to me as I rock him to sleep at night. I always sing him a couple songs and when I am done, he sings to me. Favorite part of the day!







 We just love our sweet Hayd. He is such a good boy. I don't know what my life would be without him. I just look at him and wonder what kind of man he will be and where life will take him. I know he will be successful in something that he loves. His strong will and determination will serve him well. I see him continuing to be active and energetic. I think he will be a good athlete . . . I hope! He has a sweet spirit about him and sensitive to the environment he is in. When people are happy around him, he is happy and ready to play. When someone is sad, he is concerned about them.

I can't wait to see him continue to grow and learn. He brings so much joy and laughter to our family. Love you bubba!

No comments:

Post a Comment